DCM Associates’ Leadership Evaluations & Assessments
DCM Associate’s Leadership Evaluations & Assessments feature Hogan’s three core personality assessments and the Talassure 360 evaluation.
Founded in 1987, Hogan pioneered the use of personality assessments to improve workplace performance. Over 7 million Hogan assessments have been utilized globally in 56 countries. Over 1000 validation studies support the science underlying the Hogan assessments. The Hogan assessments provide an objective lens for understanding people by answering the following questions: What do people want? How will they get what they want? What will get in their way? DCM utilizes one or more of these assessments in executive search and leadership development.
Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI)
Developed specifically for the business community, the HPI measures normal qualities that describe how we relate to others and when we are at our best. The results provide insight into how people work, lead, and how successful they will be.
The HPI measures the following core traits:
- Adjustment- confidence, self-esteem, composure under pressure
- Ambition- initiative, competitiveness, leadership aspirations
- Sociability- outgoing, approachable, enjoying social interaction
- Interpersonal Sensitivity- warmth, tact, perceptiveness, relationship skills
- Prudence- self-discipline, work ethic, integrity
- Inquisitive- imagination, curiosity, creative potential
Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI)
Reveals the core values, goals, and interests that determine what we desire and strive to attain. The results provide insight into organizational fit and environments in which individuals will be motivated and satisfied.
The MVPI measures the following characteristics:
- Recognition- wanting attention, visibility, status
- Power- wanting success and the control of resources
- Hedonism- seeking fun, pleasure, enjoyment
- Altruistic- wanting to help the unfortunate, contribute to society
- Affiliation- needing opportunities for networking and interaction
- Tradition- valuing established principles of conduct and belief
- Security- wanting structure, order, predictability
- Commerce- seeking symbols of material success
- Aesthetics- concerned with creativity, good design, self-expression
- Science- seeking data-based solutions to important problems
Hogan Development Survey (HDS)
Concerns behavioral tendencies that are strengths under normal circumstances. However, in times of increased strain if these behaviors are not managed and/or they are overused, they can disrupt relationships, damage reputation, and derail people’s chances for success. The HDS measures career-derailing personality characteristics and helps individuals recognize and mitigate performance risks before they become a problem.
The HDS measures the following characteristics:
- Excitable- volatile, easily upset, hard to please
- Skeptical- suspicious, argumentative, vindictive
- Cautious- risk-averse, fearful of failure, criticism, or embarrassment
- Reserved- aloof, blunt, uncommunicative, lacking empathy
- Leisurely- overtly cooperative, covertly irritable, stubborn, procrastinating
- Bold- arrogant, entitled, grandiose
- Mischievous- charming, manipulative, risk-taking, excitement-seeking
- Colorful- dramatic, attention-seeking, disruptive
- Imaginative- creative, eccentric
- Diligent- hardworking, meticulous, critical, controlling
- Dutiful- eager to please authority, unconcerned about subordinates, socially appropriate
The Hogan assessments each have a 15-20 minute completion time and are administered online.
The DCM Associates 360 Leadership Development System
The DCM Associates 360 Leadership Development System is a non-threatening way to identify performance perceptions as viewed by certain groups of individuals who know and have had the opportunity to observe the leader in the work setting. Feedback to the leader is given openly and honestly. Remember, perception is reality. This is accomplished by rating the performance of 62 Leadership Behaviors presented as survey items. The responses are compiled from different observers such as: Self, Boss, Direct Reports, and Peers
By participating in this process, the individual has conveyed to their team members that they are willing to consider their input and apply that information to become a more effective leader. Listening and acting upon the input of their coworkers is a vital characteristic of a high-performing leader. This system is meant to encourage forward-thinking leadership while providing information for a clear, actionable plan for improvement.
The purchase of our DCM Associates 360 Leadership Development System includes a personalized debrief of the results for each team member you purchase the assessment for.
The Leadership Behaviors are used to measure 17 Skills that yield success in most leadership and management positions. These Skill Sets are grouped into 7 Leadership Competencies for an overall measurement of performance. Managers that generally score higher on these competencies are typically identified as more effective and successful leaders.
The Leadership Competencies
Listens carefully, summarizes, and verifies. Expresses themselves clearly and considers pros and cons in reaching decisions.
Works to build rapport and consensus while collaborating with a team. Promotes team synergy while facilitating team success.
Works to engage employees through recognition and addressing the needs of the workforce.
Displays confidence and effectiveness when taking initiative and works independently.
Exercises sound judgement and seeks input for alternatives. Demonstrates effective decision-making ability.
Builds a solid foundation for trust in leading by example. Clearly defines expectations in charting a course for success. Delegates and empowers appropriately.
Pursues work focusing on results, setting realistic goals. Establishes clear expectations.
The insights gained from the 360 Leadership Development System is to promote professional competencies, career growth and enable the leader to become more effective, efficient, and valuable to the organization.