ABC Behavioral Health System Seeks a Chief Executive Officer
ABC Behavioral Health System is seeking a visionary leader with an established track record of successful team building, clinical system integration, board development, relationship building, and cultivating new donors in a not-for-profit behavioral health care setting.
ABC Behavioral Health System
ABC Behavioral Health System began in 1985 in response to the community’s need for access to high quality and affordable behavioral health services. Today, nearly 10,000 individuals receive much-needed behavioral health services including assessment and evaluation, individual and group psychotherapy, substance abuse counseling, medication evaluation and management, and psychological counseling.
ABC Behavioral Health System is headquartered in the state-of-the-art ABC Behavioral Health Center. Ten satellite offices ensure access to care throughout the state. A central crisis hotline helps to direct clients to their nearest ABC facility.
At this time, ABC Behavioral Health System seeks a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will lead the organization through a period of sustainable growth. With its client base expanding at record rates, ABC is eager to ensure that its infrastructure keeps pace with its programmatic growth. The CEO will report directly to the Board of Trustees, and will oversee a senior management team of ten, including the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Human Resources, Chief Development Officer, and the Director of Clinical Services.
The ABC Behavioral Health System Mission, Vision and Culture
ABC Behavioral Health System exists to provide high-quality, affordable behavioral health care services and to improve the health and wellbeing of our members and the communities we serve. Our vision is to serve as a trusted partner in fostering total health, collaborating with our clients to help them thrive, and creating communities that are among the healthiest in the nation.
ABC Behavioral Health:
- Acknowledges and respects the social, spiritual and cultural experience of its clients. The involvement of the consumer and significant family members in treatment, recovery and ongoing social supports are cornerstones in the organization’s commitment to excellence.
- Respects consumer choice and is committed to maintaining access for populations in need.
- Views agency staff as its most important resource. The growth and development of individuals and the group as a team is a high priority and an ongoing focus.
- Provides high-quality care for all segments of the population without discrimination by age, race, gender, economic status or religion.
- Has a long history of commitment to service, leadership and excellence in community-based behavioral health care.
The Role of the Chief Executive Officer
The CEO will create a workplace culture of excellence and will provide oversight for all financial, administrative, and operational affairs of the organization. This will include strategic and financial planning, human resources management, and oversight of legal matters including compliance with national, state and local governing policies. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing policy and strategic plans for the organization
- Fostering a work culture of success, team building, and reward for organizational effectiveness
- Overseeing development of an annual budget and priority plan that supports the strategic plan
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies
- Reporting to the Board of Trustees on the progress of financial and non-financial goals and strategic plan initiatives
- Supporting and participating in the fund development activities of the organization
- Analyzing data and trends across the organization to support senior staff in their efforts
Candidate Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will bring to ABC Behavioral Health Services:
- Eight to ten years of relevant work experience with senior management responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills and an established track record of building a work culture of success, team building and reward for organizational effectiveness
- Experience in organizational strategic planning and operations management, including human resources and facilities management
- Thorough knowledge of program development through collaboration, mergers and affiliations
- The ability to lead within a fast-moving, changing environment
- A genuine commitment to the organization’s mission, vision, and values
ABC Behavioral Health Services will be seeking a CEO who will model integrity and who inspire colleagues, while also bringing results-focused organization to our work. The new CEO will be highly professional, detail-oriented, and able to work successfully with a wide variety of constituents including donors, board members, clinical staff, vendors, volunteers, and professional consultants. The ideal candidate will also have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
ABC Behavioral Health Services is prepared to offer an excellent salary and benefit package. This position also offers the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who are passionate about what they do every day. For more information about ABC Behavioral Health Care, please visit our website.