How to Become a High Performing Nonprofit Board
This course is intended for you, the millions of men and women who voluntarily serve on a nonprofit board, regardless of your specific mission or purpose, who are committed to making a positive social impact in the communities you serve, whether locally, nationally or globally.
My goal with this course is to provide you with information and proven strategies on a wide range of board governance topics to allow you and your board to improve your board’s performance resulting in a greater positive impact on those you serve. Not only do high performing boards make a greater positive impact in their community, their board members also enjoy their service on their boards at a far greater rate as well.
In this course, there are 8 modules centered around the following topics:
- The Life Cycles of Board Governance, The Characteristics and Obstacles of Being a High Performing Nonprofit Board
- The Role and Characteristics of the Board Chair and Board Leadership Succession
- The CEO and Board Relationship, Executive Leadership Competencies and CEO Performance Evaluations
- The Board’s Role in Achieving Your Strategic Vision
- The Board’s Role in Philanthropy
- Evaluating the Board’s Committee Structures
- Board Recruitment and Reappointment Best Practices
- Dealing Effectively with Difficult Board Behavior and,
- Assessing the Board’s Annual Performance
Purchasing this course gives board members access to the course material for 6 months from date of purchase with the option to renew. To maximize the benefits these courses, make sure that at every Board and Leadership team meeting, a specific topic from each module is scheduled for discussion and debate throughout the term of your six-month subscription license.
** If you prefer to pay by check please contact Dennis for special registration instructions. **
If your organization, chapter or affiliate has a signed Strategic Partnership Agreement with Dennis C. Miller Associates, Inc., please enter your code in the “Coupon code” box on the cart page and click the “Apply coupon” button.