Board retreats are an excellent opportunity to think about the future of your organization, establish new goals and develop desired standards of performance. Whether it’s time to explore a new strategic vision or confront evolving challenges and opportunities, a board or leadership retreat can serve to revitalize the entire organization.
Dennis Miller is an experienced retreat facilitator who will provide the following benefits for your board retreat:
- Input from key internal and external stakeholders will be solicited prior to the retreat
- In conjunction with the CEO and board chair, Dennis will develop an agenda with two to three specific goals or outcomes
- Set approximate timelines for each topic to be covered
- Make sure that all members of the board and executive time are called upon to express their ideas and suggestions
- Build consensus on all key issues discussed and create key action steps
- Provide a retreat summary for all participants
We are deeply in Dennis’ debt for facilitating a highly successful retreat this weekend. Dennis listened to our concerns, embraced our goals, and skillfully built a consensus for them among our quite disparate board, all while living within our tight budget. He engaged the entire board, and let them express their thoughts but without allowing any of them to dominate or take us on tangents. Dennis kept everyone thinking, but also smiling. He is a true professional.
Chuck Freyer, Chairman
Princeton Interns in Civic Service, Princeton University
Thank you for being such a fabulous, motivational speaker for our annual Board Retreat. Your organization was impeccable, your insights were right on target, and your presence was absorbing. To put it another way, the day, thanks to you, exceeded my expectations and clearly made a positive impact on the entire Board.
Elaine I. Grobman, Executive Director
Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Philadelphia Affiliate
My Board had heard it all before and knew what had to happen but, didn’t know how to make it happen. Dennis assessed our organization, conducted meaningful interviews with key individuals and made recommendations that we could begin implementing immediately. His strategic retreat facilitation inspired and engaged every member of our board to recommit to our vision and work towards achieving it with confidence.
Kathy Goldstein, Chairperson, Board of Trustees
CPC Behavior Healthcare, Inc.